Tuesday, July 4, 2023

A Prayer for America


Pastor Linda Warren wrote this prayer for America:

As most of you know, I had asked the Lord what message He wanted me to speak on Sunday, July 2.  He answered me: “God Bless America.”  At the close of the message from Ps. 67, we prayed together for God to bless America. 

Eva had asked me to send her this prayer so the prayer calendar might pray it on July 4th.  As I was getting ready to send Eva the prayer, I started singing: “God Bless America.” Unexpectedly, I began to cry. The Holy Spirit was moving through me, expressing His love and sorrow for America. 

I tell you this, so you will know how meaningful your prayer will be for the good of America. So let us join our hearts to God’s heart through the Holy Spirit and pray for this land to be blessed.
__________________________________________________________
Lord, we come before you and humble ourselves.  We ask you to forgive us our sins and the sins of our country. 

You spoke to me once saying, how your Name was dishonored in the media and in what we call “entertainment.” Forgive us.

Forgive us for death to the helpless. Forgive us for abortion, Lord.

Forgive us for slavery, bigotry, and racism.

Forgive us Lord God for not honoring your foundations. You made humanity in Your image. You said: “Let us make man in Our image. . . in the image of God, He created man, male and female, you created them. “ Forgive us for desecrating Your image. 

We could go on and on speaking of sins in our lives and sins that we see. We ask that the blood of Christ would avail over this nation, over us. Let Your forgiveness flow, Lord.  May the blood of Christ cover, and the blood of Christ is a blessing. We turn now and ask: God bless America.

God bless America.  God bless America, land that I love. Stand beside her and guide her with the Light from above.  Lord, we your people agree with You to bless America. Bless America, Bless White Plains, Bless New York State - - In Jesus’ Powerful Name we pray - God bless America!

If you want to know more about starting a relationship with Jesus Christ visit www.WestchesterChapel.org/salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment